Posted by eyesonmelashes on February 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM
How Long do Eyelash Extensions Last?
The length of time that eyelash extensions last is an individual process. We naturally shed one eyelash almost every day. We also grow a new lash to replace the one that fell out. Eyelash extensions can stay on for up to two full months with proper care, and bi-weekly to monthly maintenance. However, factors such as eyelash growth, lifestyle and general care will affect how long the extensions last.
Removal of the eyelash extensions costs $5 and takes 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the amount you have on. Please do not attempt to remove any of the lashes on your own; rather, seek professional help from your technician. We will not be held liable for any damage you may cause trying to remove eyelash extensions on your own.
Aftercare for Eyelash Extensions
- Avoid using any oil-based products on the eyelash extensions
- Do not perm or tint your lashes before or after lash extension application
- Do not use a regular eyelash curler to curl your eyelash extensions; heated eyelash curlers are fine
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the face with a wash cloth
- Do not pull your your eyelash extensions since this will pull out your natural lashes
- Do not go into the sauna while you are wearing eyelash extensions
- Do not do Hot Yoga while wearing eyelash extensions
- Mascara is not advised while wearing eyelash extensions
- Do not try to remove the eyelash extensions on your own
- Cutting the eyelash extensions is not advised, since you may cut your own lashes
- Clean your eye make-up carefully, avoiding the extensions as much as possible
- Avoid sleeping on your face, and be cautious of your extensions while sleeping on your side
- Clip your hair away from your eyes, since this may cause your extensions to itch
- Lightly brush your eyelash extensions with your fingers, tweezers or a dry mascara brush to straighten them
- Wash your face with lukewarm to cool water to avoid irritating your eyes
What Happens if a Lash Loosens or Becomes Dislodged?
Do not pull on the eyelash. Please contact your technician to make an appointment to have it removed or replaced to avoid damage to your natural lashes. As your natural lashes fall out due to the growth cycle, you may wish to get refills when the new lashes grow.